Saturday, June 12, 2010

Saturday June 12th ~ Tune up Dilema?

I volunteered at Max Performance's new race in Onset today. What a great race! Tim Richmond really does a nice job. It will be on my list for next year. I enjoyed working the transtion area and cheering on my teammates. Everyone did so well! I can't believe how fast everyone has gotten. Congrat's to Kate--- 1st OA female! Way to go. Also congrat's to my friend Gina Newcomb on completing her first Tri.

I got home in the late afternoon anxious to do my tune up ride and run in preparation for the race tomorrow. Watching the race really got me all jacked up about racing. So I pull in and there's my wonderful husband with my bike completely taken apart. He say's..... "I spent all morning cleaning your bike but I'm not quite done. I still have to put on the race wheels and get it back together. I can't finish until later tonight but I'll have it all ready for you in the morning. What's wrong? You didn't have to ride did you"? Ummm... No, No honey thanks for doing that... I really appreciate it and then off he goes. Ughhh!

Plan B: I'll just ride my good old Ruby (I have a race bike, a Ruby road bike and a crappy bike). I don't need the power meter, I can survive without it. I take the Ruby down but she has no wheels or pedals. Ughhh! Ughhh!

Plan C: Out comes my crappy bike... regular pedals and all. No problem it's just a 20 minute ride with a few efforts thrown in. I can handle it. Have you tried to ride a bike with regular pedals latetly? I mean regular....not even toe cages. You get so used pulling up that your feet just come up and off the pedals. One minute into the ride it starts to downpour ....Ughhh! Ughhh!! Ughhh!!! Back to the barn and the drawing board.

Plan D: Zip ties are a wonderful invention! ......I throw my bike on the trainer, zip tie my feet to the pedals and viola...perfect!

The "ride" and run felt great. I'm feeling good. Can't wait until tomorrow. Hope it doesn't rain too hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
The beginning.... Back in Nov 05 I was probably the most out of shape I'd ever been in my life. I really wanted to change my body. I wouldn't even wear shorts. I thought my legs were too fat. I ordered an exercise program I saw on an infomercial called The Firm. It arrived the week of Thanksgiving. The day it arrived my husband happened to be home and when I got home from work I got an earful. "Why did you order that? You'll never use it! It's just a waste of money." That's all it took!! I made a commitment to myself to start the day after Thanksgiving. All week he kept taunting me.. " When are you going to start? I told you it was a waste of money ".... blahh ..blahh..blahh. Well, the day after thanksgiving I started and haven't stopped. I did it three times a week.... and I never missed a day.....no matter what. I don't mean to make him sound un-supportive. He's really my biggest fan. He's been a competitive cyclist for years and that spring I told him I was thinking about getting a bike so I could start riding a little. I think within an hour we were leaving the bike shop with my new bike and helmet. More to come...stay tuned.