Saturday, July 16, 2011

You can't put the icing on until you build the cake!!

I have plenty of cake (base) now I need the icing (speed)! I don't have much time...but I need to get my speed back for National's next month. I can't give up any time between now and then but I do want to race...so I will be racing pretty tired for the next few weeks. I'm planning to head up to Vermont tonight to race Fairlee Olympic tomorrow. I'm not expecting much...just using it for training.  I do want to try my best to win the fastest transition contest. Jet Blue is giving away free r/t airfare and I could maybe use it for Vegas!! 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you pulled off a 2nd place in the transition contest. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
The beginning.... Back in Nov 05 I was probably the most out of shape I'd ever been in my life. I really wanted to change my body. I wouldn't even wear shorts. I thought my legs were too fat. I ordered an exercise program I saw on an infomercial called The Firm. It arrived the week of Thanksgiving. The day it arrived my husband happened to be home and when I got home from work I got an earful. "Why did you order that? You'll never use it! It's just a waste of money." That's all it took!! I made a commitment to myself to start the day after Thanksgiving. All week he kept taunting me.. " When are you going to start? I told you it was a waste of money ".... blahh ..blahh..blahh. Well, the day after thanksgiving I started and haven't stopped. I did it three times a week.... and I never missed a day.....no matter what. I don't mean to make him sound un-supportive. He's really my biggest fan. He's been a competitive cyclist for years and that spring I told him I was thinking about getting a bike so I could start riding a little. I think within an hour we were leaving the bike shop with my new bike and helmet. More to come...stay tuned.